About Me

August 22, 2021

Finally ....


Yes those are rain clouds! Finally, after so many months of no rain and extreme heat, we're turning the corner. It spit a bit off and on yesterday but today, we woke up to the pitter patter of rain on the roof. Such an amazing and welcoming sound. It's supposed to rain all day. And then the best part .... even more rain tomorrow! I know parts of the easter U.S. are struggling with the rain today with Hurricane Henri, so please know I am thinking of all of you. But we truly need this rain here. The hot left a solid week ago as well. Now it feels like Summer should feel like. At night and in the morning, it is starting to feel a bit like Fall. We have a few yellow leaves there and there popping up. I mourn the beautiful Summer we really didn't get but hoping we'll have an amazing long Fall, my favorite season of all. 

I've been not feeling well for a few days. Just achy, hot and cold, and super sleepy. I just woke up (it's just hitting 11 am here) and feel asleep around 10 last night. Hoping I perk up today as this week at work is full of meetings and projects. And getting ready for our trip. So I need to be well. I am going to help dh with the last few pieces that have to be added to the new shed we built. We can do this in the rain as it's the snow load pieces that need to be installed and the shed is cozy and rain free, so we can get this task done pretty quick. The rest of the day I plan to finish up the last bit of laundry, set our suitcase out on the guest room bed so we can start gathering what we need to pack, tidy up my office (paper everywhere!), put together a letter I need to send tomorrow, plan out the week so we're on task, then I hope to sneak in a tiny nap and finish my book .... finally! 

Hope you've had an amazing weekend.
And your week this week is even better!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Chy said...

I had a better sleep last night and seem to be on the mend today. Thank you Debi!

X Chy