About Me

August 7, 2021

Hydrangea Blooms.


I'm very patiently waiting for my Hydrangea to bloom in our little Secret Garden. It's got tiny buds now, but now blooms. However, the ones at the hospice are amazing, full and blooming liking crazy. I "borrowed" one the other day ~ maybe I should say I "rescued" it as it was falling over with the weight and laying on the ground. Yup, gonna go with "rescued." Wink, wink, nudge, nudge! A pretty addition to my desk. Love them! When I need a break from my intense grief work during the day, pretty flowers keep me grounded. 

Once I'm done my work today, we may venture in to town to pick up some fresh food. It's supposed to storm, so we'll have to watch the skies. This weekend, we hope to tackle the last bit of board and batten work in the lower level ~ a great task if the weather will be rainy. We so need the rain and I hope it pours the entire time. Plus it will get us motivated to get this project done so we can get it started on the main floor ~ mudroom, staircase and upper hall are all next on the list. Truly a Fall project but if we can't work outside, a great compromise. Last weekend, we tackled the garage and are so happy with our purging and redefining spaces. Now we have to donate the items we no longer need and then work on dh's workshop area. We were at Ikea yesterday and found a great system to hang tools and screws. I love the clear containers that will make finding little items much easier. And you can add to this system as needed. I think we'll end up going this route and have a lovely spot for dh to work on his projects. I'll post once we have it all installed.


Tonight, I'm planning a marathon of "Good Girls" while dh watches the football game. We taped all the episodes as it's on so late at night but haven't had time to just sit and watch. Loved this series and sad it's now been cancelled. Hope it doesn't end with a cliffhanger! Tomorrow we haven't figured out just yet but we won't be going out for sure. We truly love our Sundays at home with no busy schedule.

Enjoy your weekend, whether it's full
of a list of tasks, or you get to just chill. 

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

I have never had luck growing hydrangeas but a lovely lady I worked with would bring a big vase of them and put them on my desk. Just made me smile every time I looked at them! Have a great weekend!

Granny Marigold said...

One huge Hydrangea bloom is a bouquet on its own.