About Me

March 10, 2021

Special Day.


I missed recognizing International Women's Day
here on the blog. Celebrated on March 8th each
year, I was first introduced to this special day at
the age of 16 when I was in the Soviet Union on
a school trip. We planned to be in Red Square on
the 8th, expecting to see women marching or being
honored. We were so disappointed when we got
to the square and it was all men. Where were the
women, we wondered? We found out later that
it was not meant to be a place for them as they
worried an uprising would occur. This image of
no women on International Women's Day will
stay with me personally forever. I'm so thankful
to live in a country where days like March 8th
are recognized for what it is meant to be. I know
this is not true everywhere but hope it continues
to change, especially in places where women are
not valued. What did you do on the 8th of March?

~ Chy

No comments: