About Me

March 20, 2021

The Beginning ....



This is a bit of a "quirky" corner in our cottage. I love the curve of the staircase but figuring out how to decorate this spot has been a bit of a challenge. We have envisioned a gallery wall going up the stairs and then when we did the board and batten wall in the lower level down the hall towards the theatre room, we knew then that we'd like to do the same going up the stairs. The painting we found on sale after Christmas and though it does have a bit of the season in the images, I plan to keep it up as it's perfect with all our colors. The board and batten will start in the corner and "bump up" with each change in level then follow the slope of the stairs. This next step will begin soon. We're just finishing up painting the lower level and then we'll begin. The b and b will continue from the top of the stairs and down the long hallway to the art studio. I think this will help break up the high walls so it looks more cozy in the cottage. 

In other news, this has been a hard but good week. I'm super tired today and have a class to teach this morning. Yesterday was technically my day off but I had to pop in to the hospice for a photo shoot (my curly hair was a hit!), visited a friend at his new location for his business (impressive!), picked up some art supplies from Michaels, then came home to change and do a bunch of paperwork, meetings, calls, then dinner after a bit of a break outside, then a class to teach and a Zoom meeting that went almost until 10 pm. After my class is done at noon today, I'm done for the day. We plan to drive in to the Big City to meet up with a friend to get a document signed. There is a possibility we may meet at an outdoor pub but will see how we feel as the numbers suddenly jumped up again this week after a number of weeks of being low. Not sure why the spike but it is a grave concern. We may just chat and then head home. Not sure what the rest of the day holds but I have a list of things to accomplish if I need any inspiration. Hockey game tonight to watch, which often means doing some art for me. I have a sweet project I could start that won't take long. And today I'm signing up for a 3 day course that will be virtual at the beginning of April. 

Tomorrow is a no plan day just yet. It's supposed to rain, which would be good as there is a lot of brown out on the landscape. We can see bits of green popping up here and there. Our rink is now a lovely swimming pool! It was a great run and we're already planning next year's set up. 

Wishing you a beautiful Spring day!
Hope it's beautiful, wherever you are.

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

You sound crazy busy! I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Linda said...

I discovered your recent visit to me by way of the Real Time Visitor thingy on my blog.
I am Linda from Linda's Life Journal and I am so happy to meet you. I could not find your 'Follow' button anywhere so I am going to try to add your blog address to my reading list. Let's see how that works!
I look forward to getting to know you.
I love your unique stairway. You are a very busy lady, indeed!!