About Me

August 17, 2020

Round Tables.


In between working, playing, writing, painting,
dollhouse restoring, eating, sleeping, working
out, laundrying, shopping and Coviding, we are
also busy trying to finish up some projects in the
cottage, well before Fall arrives then leaves  us.
We all so know what comes after that .... snow!!


One project, once the walls were all painted but
before we put the curtains back up was to figure
out the furniture in this tiny space. We have used
the old wooden end table with the marble top in
our home for a number of years now and the tiny
low table was a gift from a friend when we moved.


But both were really not suitable to be used forever.
The lamps were at 2 different heights and we knew
one day we'd find something else. Then I was on
Marketplace and guess what popped up? These ....


.... two round end tables. A sweet pair that actually
matches! I actually first thought about putting them
 in the guest room as that is another spot with very
mismatched pieces. But when we went to pick them
up, much to my surprise, dh said "wouldn't these
look better in the living room?" Once I got over the
shock of my guy "decorating" I was so excited to
get home and try them out. I know right now, they
look a bit off as we don't have the curtains back
up but I think once we do, they will look more at
home in their spots. I also now want to replace
(see how that happens!) all the vent registers as
they are white plastic and look pretty cheap. We are
now looking at wood registers or metal. And I'd
also like to find an item or two that will help hid
the lamp electrical cords and the plugs. I'll post
update pictures once I have that all sorted out. I
hope it will look better then. What do you think?

~ Chy

No comments: