About Me

August 27, 2020

Would You?


This amazing house showed up on my feed the other day
and I fell in love with it! We will be building once again,
someday, down the road, so I always keep a folder on my
laptop titled "new house ideas" for the next cottage. I did
show the photo to my dh, and was pretty sure he was going
to say "nope, I would not ever have a purple house!" But
instead he said "wow, I love it!" Our current cottage is a
lovely sage green on the outside, with black, white and
grey accents. Because we went with vinyl siding (though
it does look like wood siding), the next time, we hope to
have hardie plank installed. What this means is we could
choose a color that we love and not worry about resale as
hardie can be repainted, unlike vinyl, which in most cases
has to remain the color it comes in. I'm so excited for this
idea as my two favorite colors are purple and green. Can
you imagine how amazing this would look in the woods?

Would you go with a bold color for your house?
Are you likely to take risks for what you like?

~ Chy

No comments: