About Me

November 26, 2019

Festive Baking.









Yesterday was my day off and my daughter also had the day to relax. We decided to drop off kids at school together and head in to town to pick up baking supplies. With our chest freezer now in place in the newly organized garage, I wanted to try this year to bake ahead and freeze some baking so it's not such a big job as we get closer to the holidays. We bought all the ingredients I didn't have on hand to fill up the pantry again. Took some time to find our recipes and even chose some new ones. Then we set ourselves up at the kitchen island and soon created a lovely mess. But the kitchen smelled amazing! My favorite scents!!

When we first arrived at the store, there was an amazing set up with pop and decorations and nuts. Very festive. When we arrived at the bakery within the store, the staff was just finishing up the last few details of their gingerbread house. They let me take pics for the blog to show you the incredible workmanship that went in to this creation. And they did confirm that it's all edible. Yum!!

Below the gingerbread pictures are a few shots to show our progress through the day. I didn't take any photos of the finished products but can at another time. We made a type of shortbread (not as good as my recipe so we'll eat these up and make mine at a later date), butterscotch confetti and a chocolate chip square with drizzled chocolate on top. I have an online meeting tonight but hoping to do a bit more in between dinner and my meeting. I'll likely finish up on the weekend. Hoping everything freezes well. We didn't ice but will save that for once we bring the items out to thaw before serving. Looking forward to enjoying these treats.

Have you started any holiday baking?
What do you make that freezes well?

~ Chy

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Oh, I remember the days when I used to make Gingerbread houses with the grands!
I've made my fruit cake but otherwise haven't done any festive baking. If I do it too early it all gets eaten before Christmas.

Chy said...

It's a fine balance Granny figuring out when to bake .... too early and then too late .... both have their pros and cons! Hoping by freezing, we'll lessen the idea of eating it before Christmas!

X Chy