About Me

November 20, 2019

Tired Little Guy.


This little guy came to work last week with gramma one day. It was November Break at school and for this one day, he needed to be with me. I'm used to him being so lively and talkative. But he was getting a cold and spent all morning, curled up in my counselling chair, quietly reading on his iPad. At lunch, he only ate half his pasta. It was really different from what we are used to seeing with our little guy. Around 2, not long before we were set to leave, he suddenly perked up, wandered around hospice entertaining my staff and even some clients. And had some cake (it was a birthday for a colleague) and then didn't want to go home. I thought all day it was just the cold coming on. But found out later that night that dh had given him some cold meds, on the instruction from his mama, the nurse! So that explained his groggy look, his inactivity and his reluctance to eat. And then the perkiness! Thankful the meds worked and he ended up with just a light cold. Very thankful his normally cheerful, energetic self is back. The quiet was ok but not for too long.

~ Chy

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Nice that he's feeling better and is back to his usual self.

Chy said...

I'm glad he's feeling better too, Granny!

X Chy

Mereknits said...

I don't like it when they are so quiet but still it is a bit of a break. Hope he is feeling perfect now.

Chy said...

I agree Meredith. Can be a bit scary when they're too quiet! He's back to himself and very energetic and noisy! Just the way we like him ....

X Chy