About Me

November 17, 2019

Christmas Baking.

Today is the Eastern Final for football in Canada. Our team is one of the two playing and though I'm not a big fan, it's exciting to think we might have a chance at the Grey Cup (football's version of hockey's Stanley Cup). A sunny, warm day for football. The snow is currently melting off our roof and it sounds and looks like Spring. I'm sure in time, Winter will return and cover our landscape with  fluffy, white snow.


Dh brought me brekkie in bed ~ cranberry lemon muffin and juice. I've been reading blogs and enjoying the sun but it's time for a quick shower, comfy clothes for the day ahead and a trek downstairs to settle in for the game. While it's on, I'll be scouring my recipes to create our Christmas baking list for this season. I stumbled across this sweet picture of "teabag cookies" ~ there was no recipe and no reference so I'm going to have to dig. But aren't they sweet? As a tea lover, it's on top of my list. After the game is over, we'll head out to finish up more work on organizing the garage. This is a task we couldn't have done a year ago at this time of year. With the little furnace we had installed in October, we can now work out there, year round, in short sleeves. Toasty warm and a great place to now work on refinishing furniture and other projects. Excited to have this space almost completed. We've already got a list of projects. 


Christmas baking girl ~ a favorite pic
of mine at this baking time of year.
She looks so happy to be helping. I
imagine her mother is off to the side.

After working in the garage, which will likely require a second shower, I've got a load of laundry to do, enjoy the dinner that dh has placed in the crockpot for the day, then we'll likely chill for the rest of the evening. We've started watching "The Kominsky Method" and an episode or two would be great. Picked up two books from the library yesterday, so those might get cracked open too. Relaxing night. 

What's on your agenda today?
Do you have a Christmas Baking List?

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

We did a bit of housework today. Hubby vacuumed around the woodstove (a task he does once a week to keep the wood chips at bay) and I vacuumed the rest of the living room. Then I made a little apple snack for us to have with our coffee, a couple of loads of laundry and now sitting reading blogs. Unfortunately for hubby we had a broken water line so he is fixing that as I type.

Chy said...

Sounds like a busy day! Hope you have time to relax. And hope the water line is fixable.

X Chy