About Me

December 18, 2022

Right Here. Right Now.

What I'm wearing .... jeans and my long purple sweater with big socks and slippers. Baby, it's cold outside!

What I'm reading .... blogs, blogs, blogs and more blogs.

What's happening in my kitchen .... in the moment, it's all quiet. Dinner is done, dishes are done, counters wiped down, floor is swept and only the light over the range is on. 

What's outside my window .... snow, blue skies today but a bit more snow my fall this week. It's getting colder and we'll have a bit of a cold snap for the next few days. Then back to warm days again, just in time for Christmas! We're feeling so fortunate that the bad weather on the West Coast, the East Coast and the provinces in between is somehow not going to hit us. Hopefully it stays away all week! 

What I'm thankful for .... our sweet, warm cottage. A pantry full of food. A garage with a reliable car to get me to work tomorrow. Presents wrapped and ready for next week. Friends who share and care. Work mates who make our difficult days fun. A mom who is progressing in her illness but she's still here, with spunk. A brother who spent time in the ER on Saturday but is home and just fine, even shovelled snow at his house today. Children who are loving and busy but always take time to send us notes or visit. Neighbors who help as we figure out this thing called country living.

What I'm smelling .... popcorn in my bowl for a snack.

What I'm hearing .... a show dh is watching. Except his breathing changed and I looked over and he's napping!

What I'm crafting .... grand daughter's dollhouse ~ still. 

What's on my mind .... work, snow, work, snow .... then a solid week of holidays to sleep in and relax!

Words to live by .... see the great quote above!

Having an amazing week!

~ Chy

No comments: