About Me

December 30, 2022

Christmas Day.


Once again, we were awake well before the kids.
This is tradition in our house. When they were
little, I marvelled at family and friends who all
shared how they would be up super early in the
morning and would have all their gifts open even
before the sun rose. In our cottage, it has always
been the opposite. We literally have to wake all
the kids and now grandkids up so we can get
the day underway. I'm grateful but it's always
been so interesting to us they don't get up early.
A little bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream for my
breakfast. It is my favorite. Creamy and smooth!


I have to grab the photos from the morning
off my phone so just a few quick shots for
now of the day. Dh opening a special gift
I have made for him, all the way from over
the sea ~ Turkey. He had not idea of what
it was and it was fun as he tried to guess.


Hard to see so I'll have to share once it's
been installed on the wall. The artwork
is a big angel with a motorcyle and the
nickname of my lovey guy "Wild Bill."
This will be hung up either in our little
mudroom OR in the garage. It will hold
his helmet, gloves and keys for storage.
No motorcyle yet. Down the road in time.


Dd#1 went one step further and found him
a helmet and dd#2 bought him the leather
gloves he'll need to keep his hands intact
when riding. Now I'll need a helmet too!

It was an amazing morning that took a very
long time to wrap up (my pun for the night!)
with stockings, breakfast, tidy up, then the
opening of gifts (one at a time with Santa
handing each one out), marvelling at the
sweetness of our family to each other and
then showers, turkey and sides all prepped
for dinner. A quiet afternoon to play and
then it was time to sit down to eat the most
amazing dinner once again. Never gets old!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day.
I'm loving reading all the posts from my buddies.

~ Chy

No comments: