About Me

March 29, 2017

Spring Mantel.

Many bloggers are currently hosting Spring Blog
Tours. I feel kind of silly just opening my home
up without being connected to an organized group
"party" or "hop" of some sort at this time. I'm not
sure how to connect to such events. Doing some
research today to see how to bump up my blog.


For now, I will share our Spring Mantel in our
Master Bedroom. I love the sunlight streaming in.


Special treasures we've collected along the
way. A vintage frame and a SSI cut out.


My family presented this beautiful statue
a few Christmases ago. Our family ....


An Angel from a friend. I love gifts from
special people. Truly given from the heart.


Two sets of Angel wings for our sweet babies. A
tiny Brambly Hedge thimble from England. And
a stitched picture we found at the Antique Mall.
I was going to change out the frame. One day.


We found this plate on a trip and were so
thankful we got it home in one piece. Truly
some of the inspiration behind the ideas for
our new home and the color scheme as well.


A vintage lacy purse, a tiny framed print, a
vintage bowl holding scented natural seeds
and pinecones, a vintage doily and finally, 
two rose inspired scented candles. Love.


See that tiny bear? The lavender color is what
we used for the wall color and so many of our
accessories. Sage green, sweet lavender and
creamy ivory, with wood floors and white trim
are the basics in our home. Not for everyone.
But for us, soothing and calm, visually ours.

What colors are prominent in your home?
How did you choose those colors?

2 comments:

Penny said...

Hi Chy, what lovely treasures, and everything is there for a reason, which is what makes a house a home. As far as blog hops are concerned, they are a very good way of finding other nice bloggers and getting some new visitors to your blog. You need to link back to the host blogger if you join a hop or party, just by using a hyper link. I have found many lovely blogs this way X

Chy said...

Hi Penny. I think I'll try a few and see if that creates more traffic. Thanks for the great plan! X Chy