About Me

October 10, 2022

Blogtober: Day 1 to Day 8.


Blogtober! I love doing challenges and though I'm late in starting, I'm going to do a catch up post and then do my best, in this busy season, to ensure I can post each day until the end of the month. Will you be joining in this year?

From Day 1 to Day 8 this month, aka as October 1st to October 8th, we have been getting ready for a big Thanksgiving Dinner with family and friends, tackling our Fall purge, completing the last few outdoor landscaping projects while the weather is amazing (even finished a Spring project!), work of course, and finalizing the plans for my upcoming baby loss retreat on October 15th. Oh, and in between all this, on October 1st, we were honored to be at an inaugural baby loss gala that I had to do a speech at. A beautiful night that brought more awareness to the impact of baby loss on the community. Amazing night!

Our Thanksgiving Dinner will be on Sunday, October 9th. Many families in Canada celebrate on the Monday but with all holidays, we love to have our celebration on the Sunday and relax on Monday. We have the 5 of us, our neighbors, also a family of 5, his parents and our bestie. So that's 12 altogether. Wait, that's 13. I forgot our little guy will be away for the weekend, so, in the end, just 12. I'll post about this special day next. Many memories were created yesterday!

Work is busy but going much more smoother than it was several months ago. I'm loving heading off to hospice each day again. Sad I lost that feeling for awhile, but cherishing that it's back. We're all healthy, though I just got over bronchitis (again!), and we're settling into a Hygge kind of Fall. My mom is well, though declining, my brother was just here for a short but lovely visit, and dh is loving his new job that has just passed the 6 month mark. He's thriving and growing. Radio station is doing well, our centre is busy with Fall programming, and we're moving forward with some new ideas ~ to be shared another time. All in all, life is good.

The next big project is our baby loss retreat next Saturday. I'm going to use the above photo for some posts this week. As our program is called "H.E.A.R.T.S. Baby Loss Support Program" and we've not done a retreat before, though we have put on a number of workshops. My goal one year is to have a full weekend retreat that is away from the Big City. For now, a one day in town is our plan. Can't wait!

Well, that's my update for now for Day 1 thru Day 8. Stay tuned for Day 9 and Day 10. And all the way to Day 31.

~ Chy

1 comment:

Debi said...

I look forward to your Blogtober posts. Sounds like you will have a busy month! Have a great week!