About Me

October 22, 2022

Blogtober: Day 22.



LIke the photos I've posted tonight, life has settled. Our cottage is finally feeling like home. Work is busy and sometimes stressful but mostly I feel honored every day to be in my chosen field. Kids are well and thriving. Grandbabies are growing. My mom is progressing in her dementia but is currently healthy and smiles and chats when we visit. Our Family Centre is full with families and our recent events have kept us busy and connected. I truly have nothing to share that is negative in any way. I'm beginning to work self love in to my life each day. Once my work is done, I'm ensuring that I take time to read or write or play in my studio or work in the garden. Almost done our landscaping. We've even managed to get some 2023 Spring projects off our list. Being ahead of the game is great!

Fall has been super busy. We had our annual walk for baby loss families on August 28th. At that time, it was still pretty warm and sunny, but the leaves had started to turn, so it was a beautiful day walking along the treed paths as we stopped to remember each baby with their names written in chalk on the sidewalk. After that successful and memorable day, we started our preschool year and I launched with my team all our grief programming at hospice for the season. We had a Sunday afternoon candle lighting for resident families who had recently had a loved one die at hospice. And then a gala on October 1st for baby loss was our next event. I was asked to give a speech and we loved every moment of this special day. We were contacted by the organizing committee and I am honored to share that we have been gifted $10,000 for our programming that supports baby loss families. Such an amazing donation to our centre. Our most recent event was our 1st annual retreat for baby loss families last weekend. It went so well and we ended the day gathering together with other baby loss families at the big bridge in the City that was lit up for us in pink, blue and white. With all these events done, we have a lovely break before we present 2 candle light services in December ~ 1 for hospice families and 1 for our baby loss/child loss families out here in our tiny hamlet. I truly feel that 2022 has had just a couple of challenges but for the most part, it's been such a beautiful year and I hope this continues well in to 2023. Cherishing this good year!

I know the warm weather will soon turn to cold air and snow on the ground. But for now, we're hanging on to every last moment of Fall until it disappears. Soaking it all in.

So how is Fall in your region?
Warm and sunny? Cool and snowy?

~ Chy

No comments: