About Me

January 1, 2022

January 1st.


The last day of 2021 was quiet. And the first day of 2022 even quieter. We didn't make any plans for today. It's been so brutally cold and we've spent the last week resting, playing, reading, writing, purging, tidying and just being. Today, the weather warmed and tomorrow is going to be amazing! From ~ 42 C at the very coldest to ~ 6 C for Sunday. Balmy! We are going to try and dig out the rink tomorrow under the many feet of snow that it is currently buried under. And the inflatables as well. We still have next week off work, though I have been on call the entire holiday (no calls to date!) and I've been working on hiring more grief counsellors for my team, so I've had some work each day. I will likely go in one day next week to meet the interviewees in person ~ I've done Zoom sessions and have narrowed down the applicants but in person will be my hope. We'll see how the numbers of Omicron will look like then. 

I'm feeling quite lazy and I don't like it. But I know it's also been good for me to not be running like crazy. I love my work, I love my down time and I love my art, but I have to find a better balance so when I do take time to just be, that I don't feel lazy. Or guilty. Hopefully I'll have this figured out before retirement! I've got time to figure out this goal. 

The other goals I have (or we have) for 2022? Figure out retirement, work on my book, find a publisher, increase my grief team (in progress), become a better gardener, find a new location for our centre for the preschool and potentially the creation of a community daycare, agree to surgery that I've been putting off (not critical but needed), finish curtains for the cottage, re~stain the decks this Summer, improve my delegation skills, negotiate a new car with our dealership and sell the old one, and travel when it's safe to do so. We spent one week out on our little west coast island after our son's wedding but I'd love a longer trip or more frequent ventures out there. Our little island is where I truly relax!

On tap for tonight is the special on "Harry Potter" and then if we're not too tired, we're going to watch "Dear Evan Hansen." Tomorrow will be busy and we hope, outside a lot! Then we'll be back in a cold snap again for the next week. By the time we venture back to work, it should be warmer. I'm really not liking Winter so far, but happy that we can stay home, cozy and warm, in our little cottage in the big woods. The best place to be when the cold wind howls outside.

Hope your 1st day of January has been lovely!

~ Chy

6 comments:

galant said...

Happy New Year, Chy, and I hope you achieve some of your goals, at least, this year. Having a little island sounds lovely. Is this your personal property, or just one you consider yours, as you love it so much. I can't imagine what -42C is like, we have never experienced anything below around -6C or -7C, we think that's cold, and you refer to such temperatures as "balmy"! But this country isn't geared up for such weather and if/when it comes we are always taken by surprise and most things grind to a halt. Right now we have a lot of rain, and it's very mild, around 10C - 16C. Spring temperatures in the middle of winter!
Margaret P

Debi said...

You have some good goals. Good luck accomplishing them, I'm sure you will make very good headway with them. I haven't made any goals yet... need to get on that!

JoyM said...

Hi Chy and Happy New Year to you all. Your post today was packed with positivity. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs.
Joy

Chy said...

Hello Margaret! Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family across the sea. The island we go to is not ours but one we visit and have a place to stay each time with a wonderful friend. One day, we'd love to have a tiny home there but at the moment, our life is here and that is a dream! Yes, we're having quite the cold streak, which we haven't really had for years. Hoping this is the end of it and the rest of our Winter will be lovely.

One can always hope!

Hope you'll visit again.

X Chy

Chy said...

Hi Debi. I always try to make sure my goals or our goals are realistic. It helps I think. And goals that I can do over time. Wishing you well as you create your goals!

X Chy

Chy said...

Oh Joy thank you! Hugs to you as well!

X Chy