About Me

January 3, 2022

Who Am I?


This time of year, despite the snow and cold, is a great time for self reflection. I've had some time off work and part of this time has been looking back at this year and looking forward to the future, and everything in between. I'm guessing that I'm like most people and strive each day to be the best I can be. I also take time each year to set goals (not resolutions) to increase my capacity as a decent human being. Sometimes I'm not my best. And other times, I'm better than I hoped to be. Being conscious of who I am and how I fit in to the World around me is important to me and I hope I leave this life with gifts left for anyone I have met during my time here. I hope and will strive to do this well.

So who am I? 

A hard question to answer on my own. Especially because I tend to be so hard on myself. But I'm going to attempt a little list that I can look back on when I have a moment where I feel like I've not done my best. Here's who I am:

* a feisty, dedicated, loving wife who loves fiercely her guy
* a hands on mama who would go to the end of the Earth for my children, no matter the roadblocks in my way
* a very hard worker who loves this eclectic career path I've ended up on by my own creation and some good luck
* a creative, artistic being who loves to make for others
* a life long learner who is always excited to take a class
* a loyal individual who will always be there for others, even when others may not be there for me in the same way

I know I don't quite fit well in to everyone else's life. I am and do identify as a "hippy" even if a lot of it is closeted. I don't always fit in as I don't follow every trend or movement. I can be outspoken when I am passionate about an issue. I am an advocate and that doesn't always sit well with some. I will stand up for what I believe but only after I have become educated on the matter so that my protest, words or advocacy make sense and have purpose for a peaceful resolution. Always worth the effort in my opinion. 

A snapshot of who I am but as always, a work in progress.
So now I turn the tables and ask "who are you?"

~ Chy

No comments: