About Me

August 24, 2018

Fall Colors.







A few pictures the other day from our little garden in the big woods. Lots of different colors at this time but the one that keeps shining through is of course the bit of yellow. Fall is on its way here in the country. I'm not wishing to let go of Summer but Fall is my very favorite season. Just hope it's nice and warm, colorful and long! Not crazy about Winter at all. Even though our cold months have been much warmer than in the past and our snow not as deep, it's still not the time of year that I look forward to. If we could have a long Summer and a long Fall, and a day or two of Winter, then lots of warm Spring, I'd be in Heaven. Can you imagine gardening most of the year? Well, maybe you can but here, it's a shorter season, so we take what we can and make the most of it. And long for the warmth and color of Spring, Summer and Fall! Truly always worth the wait in the end.

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

After the hot, dry summer we've had for the last years I think Spring and Fall are now my favourites with, as you say, a few days of winter ( the kind with snow).

Chy said...

I like a few days of snow in the Winter ~ right around Christmas. But that's it!! The rest of Winter I wish it would just stay away! X Chy