About Me

August 28, 2018

Potting Shed.

When we purged our other house before moving to
this one, we brought one item along that likely seemed
strange to those who helped us move: the change table
we used when our kids were babies. Why would we keep
this item you ask? We have no babies. And our grands are
no longer in diapers. So what is the purpose. Well my
friends, let me tell you the grand scheme. It's a good
plan and one I hope you will like as much as me!


See the change table above? Yes, it's now a potting table.
This is what we'll do with our old change table that has
been siting in our garage for the last couple of years.
Dh is going to create an opening for dirt, we'll reinforce
the shelf so I have a good working space and the small
lower shelves will hold supplies. Won't this not only
look amazing but work so well in our little potting
shed? Now that it's in its place and we're almost to
the end of our veggie patch growing season, my
attention is turning to how to finish up the inside of
our little shed. On Saturday, we were at the Antique
Mall adding items to our booth and we decided to
do a bit of shopping. We came across a old tool
caddy repurposed (photos later) and an old metal
picture to hang on the wall (photos later). A theme
is starting to emerge. A plan that is focusing my
mind right now away from world politics and the
fact that Fall keeps making itself knowing with the
growing number of yellow leaves we see each day.
I promise to do a "reveal" post when all is done.

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Now that is an amazing transformation from change table to potting bench.
I like the bright colour too.

Teresa Kasner said...

What a fabulous idea! My kids just threw my old changing table in the dumpster.. dang. I look forward to seeing how yours turns out. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)