About Me

September 5, 2022

Blooming!



We woke up to dark skies, thunder and finally, rain!! It managed to rain most of the morning and in to the early afternoon. Now the sun is out and the sky is blue but oh, the cool air is beautiful! We weren't supposed to get any rain until Thursday, so this was a welcome change. I took these photos last week and are so impressed with the growth on our new perennials this year. I've never grown Delphiniums before but loved how these have grown and bloomed so much that I'm going to plant more. Perfect height for the garden I'm trying to cultivate in front of the garage. My Clematis is small but hardy so hope it will grow in both height and width. Dark shade of purple for this bed.

After a bit of a sleep in, with the thunder and the rain, we decided to not head in to the Big City for the final boot sale of the year at the Antique Mall. Instead, we drove in to our little hamlet and worked at our preschool for a bit. First day of classes tomorrow. And then headed to the dollar store to get some storage baskets, to WM to get some items for the freezer and then filled the tank with gas for the week. I came home hoping to use the energy I've had for the last 4 days to do something but truthfully, I'm tired and my heart is hurting for all the families in the province next to us, Saskatchewan, where 10 people died yesterday and almost 20 were injured by 2 men who are still at large. Why? A quiet community, in a quiet province, in a quiet country. I don't get it and not sure I'll ever understand why people kill people. I've been angry with individuals at different points in my life and wish they'd just go away. But would never kill someone because we don't agree or they've harmed me. I hope this ends soon. It's stressful knowing someone is out there (or 2 in this case), the alerts keep popping up on our phones and yet they have not been found. Peace to all.

Dh has his podcast on the radio tonight, so my plan is to pull up a grant I'm working on and see what changes I need to make, then gather my receipts for reimbursement, put my work bag together, figure out my lunch for tomorrow and put laundry away so we're set for the week. It's a long weekend, so this is usually my Sunday night routine. I've been away from work since Wednesday, so looking forward to seeing my crew in the morning. It's going to be a great week as we get ready for our colleague who's been on Maternity Leave and welcome our students who will both be with us until April. I love having students ~ fresh energy and it's lovely to teach what we know, as well as learn from their perspectives. We all benefit from their practicums!

All for now. Wishing you a
beautiful and warm Fall week!

~ Chy

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear you got rain and cooler weather.
The purple flower is so pretty.
Such a sad and crazy world out there!!!