About Me

May 1, 2022

The 1st of May.


A busy few days have kept me from blogging but I have kept up with everyone's adventures and lives. Know that if you're on my list of "Blogging Buddies" I read you each and every day. My daily and tiny little escape from the stressors of the World. I love my time away as I peek in to your lives.

On the weekends, we often have many chores and tasks to take care of. Between our festival, the radio station, yard work, upkeep on the cottage and relationships to nurture, it's always a busy time. This weekend, I worked on 4 grants, attended an event for our hospice where I was responsible for a Memorial Moment, some counselling clients, groceries, a trip to Costco, cleaning our little abode, laundry, plants to water inside and move to other locations for more growth, and plants to explore outside as our landscape changes from white to green. So excited to see our lavender plants are greening up but the rest are all still brown for now. Hopefully we finally get lilac blooms this year ~ fingers crossed! I'm so excited to see the trees have tiny buds too.

I often wonder if we'll have more time once we retire but then think of all the creative endeavors we've gotten involved in and I'm not quire sure that our hoped for retirement will be any quieter. But as long as we're fulfilled and having fun, that's all that matters. It will be different to not have counselling clients every day, or group work, or mentoring staff and volunteers. Not ready for this yet but down the road, the change will be so strange. I'm sure we'll be ready by then! It's fun to think about though .... a little dream.

As much as our love our sweet weekends, I do look forward to driving back to work on Mondays. Always a great energy day for me, I love the start of the week to get things sorted and underway. We're hosting a gathering at hospice on Thursday so I've kept that day open for being part of the sessions and helping out as best I can. Fun stuff!

Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.
Looking forward to reading your adventures!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

I felt the same about my impending retirement eight years ago but we settled into a new routine and we both have enjoyed our "new normal". I do miss the people I worked with and the social aspect of work but not enough to go back!

happyone said...

Hard to believe it is May already!!!
There is not enough hours in the day to do all I'd like to do, but sure do enjoy each day.