About Me

April 10, 2022

Right Here. Right Now.


A sweet thrifted find for our wall space above
this vintage vanity that I've been working on.

What I'm wearing .... literally still in my pyjamas, which consists of a grey tank, grey patterned pyjama bottoms, comfy grey reading socks and a big oversized sweater. It's super cold today and the wind continues to howl, so staying in pj's just seemed the right decision in the moment. Reminded how living in the country means we could go outside earlier and bring in the Christmas inflatables and no one could see us! A little perk.

What I'm reading .... lists and lists of names of new referrals to be matched with my team. Getting a little ahead of the game today while everyone is currently busy. One less thing to do tomorrow. 

What's happening in my kitchen .... the dishwasher is finishing up our dinner, breakfast and lunch dishes, just in time for the dishes that will come from prep and eating our Sunday dinner in a couple of hours. In our pj's ....

What's outside my window .... wind, wind and more wind. So far, no trees down. It's just super strong and very noisy!

What I'm thankful for .... that our little cottage is solid. Good health. Sweet people in my life who truly care. Amazing work to look forward to. 

What I'm smelling .... dd is starting to make dinner ~ we're trying chicken in the air fryer. Smells lovely and she's not even doing the actual cooking yet!

What I'm hearing .... dh is putting laundry away upstairs, so I keep hearing his footsteps as he walks between his dresser in the turret, mine in the walk in closet and where we hang clothing on hangers.

What I'm crafting .... dgd's dollhouse. Working on the roof now. And then next I want to try and free hand some vines and grass with paint on the outside walls.

What's on my mind .... I'm looking forward to go in to the hospice tomorrow. It's been super heavy lately but feeling lighter now after many deep conversations last week. Letting go of the "I have to do it all so everyone else's task list is less" and realizing it's not my job to do ALL the tasks!

Words to live by .... "Not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do is the secret of happiness." ~ J.M. Barrie

Wishing you a beautiful week ahead!

~ Chy

1 comment:

Dewena said...

I do love reading the daily details of someone's life. Better than Hollywood gossip anytime. So much truth in the Barrie quotation!