About Me

April 28, 2022

April Snow ....



My photos look so dull but the reality is, that was the best light of the day. Why, you may ask? Because it freaking snowed, again! Yes, it is April. Yes, it is Spring. Mother Nature seems to have forgotten that we're supposed to be in a rainy season so that we'll sprout blooms and color. But oh no, she graced us with another day of the white stuff. My bronchitis cough continues to linger, so I ended up staying home to try to recover as the next few days are crazy busy and I need my voice. Right now, if I talk, I cough. A day without talking was prescribed and I hope it worked. It was sooo hard to not converse. Despite the fact I think and actually know I am a very shy introvert, I do talk, a lot! Very quiet in our cottage yesterday. Dh had a great time teasing me. I'm still cozy in bed at the moment but getting up soon to shower and head in to work. A few more days and then I can take it easy again. Sunday can't come soon enough!

Today I have to catch up with my team, sift through the job applications that have come in to fill one of our grief counsellor positions, create a Power Point for a presentation tomorrow, support my team in the last kids program for this term, head back to my other office for a fire inspection, home for dinner, then just one counselling session this evening. Will be interesting to see how my voice holds out. Tomorrow I head to a community south of us to present to a group of teacher on a PDD (Professional Development Day) ~ the topic is "Grief in the Classroom" and it's one of my favorites to chat about. My student, now full time colleague until the end of Summer, lives in the community, so she's going to join me for the morning and then she'll head in to work and I'll head over my other office to provide 2 counselling sessions. Saturday we have our annual Hike for Hospice and I'll be speaking at the beginning and leading a small ceremony for all those who we are walking to remember. Not sure if we'll stay for the day or head back home. Will depend on my energy and my voice. Sunday .... no plans. We should paint at the other house but for now, I'm leaving it open as a day of rest if needed. It will be needed! 

That's the grand plan for the next few days. Thankfully, the sun is back out today, the snow has melted and I am still super tired but can feel I have enough energy to get through the day. Looking forward to seeing my team too. I hate being away from the hospice, even when it's just a day. Feel like I miss too much. It's going to be an interesting change when we get to retirement. Hopefully by then I'll have transitioned from a very busy position to a much lighter work load. 

Wishing you a beautiful day.
And hope you have no snow!

~ Chy

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, Chy!! I shall be praying for you. You do such good work and I am sorry you are ill! And snow!! I can't even IMAGINE that!

happyone said...

We've had 5 snows this month and this morning it was just 25 degrees. It was sunny though and did warm up in the 40's during the afternoon.

R's Rue said...

Sending you warm wishes and many hugs.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Debi said...

You certainly have some busy days ahead. I hope you get your voice back and feel better very soon.