About Me

January 12, 2020

Opposite View.

A bit more of our little cottage on my
mini tour of our sweet tiny home.


There are actually a lot of details in the
dining room so I'll have to do 2nd tour.
Above is our front foyer that has a little
recessed hall for our closet and cabinet.


My grandparents dining room set from
the 30's. The larger chairs we are using
from an old kitchen set. One day, I'd like
to replace the wood chairs with upholstered
soft fabric ones. For now, we will use what
we have. This is what our frugal living is all
about. The chandelier was gifted to us and
the table coverings were gifts, with the
gold table cloth from my in laws and the
crocheted lacy cloth from my great great
grandmother. Pretty prints hanging on all
the walls. And an old antique music stand.

Do you have a dining room?
Do you use it often if you do?

~ Chy

8 comments:

Debi said...

A lovely room. I love that you have a tablecloth that your great great grandmother made. Those homemade things stand the test of time, don't they? We do have a dining room and we repainted it last year and fixed it up a bit. If you wish you can look here (https://barefootmom3.blogspot.com/2019/01/spruced-up-dining-room.html) to see photos.

TheAwakenedSoul said...

No, I don't have one. Yours is lovely. I love the detail and the French door.

Granny Marigold said...

Your home is so lovely! I love the little recessed area off the front hall. Those are the details that make your home unique.
What I refer to as my dining room is really part of the country kitchen we have. So it gets used a lot.

Chy said...

Hi Debi. I love your blog! Thanks for sharing the link to your dining room. Lovely!

X Chy

Chy said...

Thank you Stephenie! We love the french doors too!!

X Chy

Chy said...

Thank you Granny! We love all the details too!!

X Chy

Sandra at Maison De Jardin said...

Your dining room is lovely. I know you treasure your grandparent's dining set. The chairs at either end of the table are beautiful.

Chy said...

Sandra, thanks for visiting! We do treasure the beautiful furniture that was gifted to us from my grandparents.

X Chy