About Me

January 12, 2020

Living Room.

It may be howling outside, but inside, we
are warm, cozy and safe from the storm.
A little tour of our cottage ~ I don't think
I've ever actually done a real "tour" for
my faithful readers. A picture here and
there and more on my Instagram account.


Our tiny living room. Small enough to be
a quiet place to read and write. Big enough
to have conversations together. I love this
space but the big armoire is an issue at the
moment. We replaced it with the secretary
we bought last year but now this sits as it
really doesn't fit anywhere else. Did think
about putting it in our mudroom for storage.
Or selling it. So for now, until we have that
"ah hah" moment, it will be in front of the
one window, blocking the sunlight until we
figure it all out. In time, it will all work out.


My favorite picture over the couch. I feel like
this wall needs more, but just not sure what to
do. Maybe so moulding? Or more pictures?
And we need to find a soft rug for the floor.


A peek into the turret ~ or as our builder
always called it ~ the "sun room" which
is an appropriate title as it gets great sun.


As we move along the room, you'll see
I've hung up a lovely print of a cottage
beside the secretary. We have so many
pieces of art to hang. Slowly, we are ....


The beautiful secretary. I'm so in love with
this piece. It is stately, authentic, warm
and inviting. I so love to write letters here.
My own little corner of our little cottage.


When I carve out time to blog, write letters
and read, this is a favorite spot. So inviting.


The art is a limited print by Robert Bateman, one
of the few pieces he has ever created with people
in it. He typically does paintings featuring wildlife.
A resident of our favorite tiny island off the West
Coast of Canada, he is surrounded by his topics. I
was thrilled when my parents gifted this piece to us.
It has 2 little blonde haired boys in the woods. And
there is a 3rd tiny boy hidden away. At one point,
we did find him but now can't remember where he
is in the picture. I love the colors and it's matted
and framed so nicely. Behind my comfy chair is my
grandparents lamp from their tiny cottage. It's still
in perfect shape and works beautifully. The wreath
was brought back from a trip south a few years ago.
And the oval green framed picture is something I'll
take a closer shot of one day. It's a sweet print of
a little curly haired girl. The back of the frame will
hold flowers. I can't wait to put a tiny bouquest of
buds from our garden this year. There are a few
more pictures we'd like to hang. All in good time.

Do you have a favorite room in your house?
I love them all but this one is pretty sweet.

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

What a lovely, cozy room. You have so many special little touches. My favorite room varies from time to time, depending on the season. In the colder months I love our living room and in the cooler months I love our bedroom.

Chy said...

It does change depending on the seasons too. I'm looking forward to my outdoor room in the Spring .... my garden!!

X Chy