About Me

January 26, 2020

Cards of Love.


My Christmas card from my lovey.


And my Christmas card to him.

Every holiday or celebration, we give each other a card. Gifts are always lovely and exciting but for me, the card is the best. Words of love, words of affirmation, both printed and written are so precious to me. So sparkly and heart filled ~ cards of love. These 2 will be my favorite, at least for now.

We're currently finishing up organizing our art studio, a great project over the Winter. I'll have to do a post one day once it's all done. While putting items in to their right cupboards, bins or shelves, I came across an old scrapbook that held all the cards we had received during our engagement, wedding showers and then our wedding. It was heavy and full but very tattered. Last Sunday afternoon, I carefully pulled out each card, peeled off the paper backing from the scrapbook (an old version that was just paper and cardboard), and piled up the cards in order. Today, after we've done enough work in the studio, I'm going to go into my scrapbook cupboard and pick out a new book for these cards. I'll likely have to split each card in 2, so the front and the inside can be displayed in the scrapbook. It might seem silly to save cards but it was really heartwarming to read all the cards last week and remember the individuals and the families who had wished us well as we embarked on our life together. I'm looking forward to putting this memory book together. Something to look back on to remind us that we are loved and encouraged through this lifelong journey.

Do you love to receive cards?
Do you keep cards or toss them out?

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

I have a box of cards from my hubby and also one that holds cards from my children. I love going through them once in a while.

Chy said...

Thanks for sharing Debi. I'm glad to learn I'm not the only one who saves special cards for memories!

X Chy