About Me

August 12, 2023

Hodge Podge Lodge.


Our County has a really neat option for
recycling called the "Hodge Podge Lodge."


The idea is instead of dropping off items at the dump,
if they are still usable, they can be dropped off at
the Lodge, where anyone looking for items can pop
in and grab what they need, at no cost to anyone.


We tried it out for the first time and came home with
some great little items. Three plant pots, two for the
deck and one for inside. A little wash and they'll be
good as new. A new mug for my new office, a china
creamer, a tiny bottle for my lavender oils, a small
wooden frame and a book called Hearts to make tiny
hearts as a project. Ironic, as I have a program called
H.E.A.R.T.S. and I'm always looking for ideas for
creating hearts for our programs and for our events.
Happy with our haul! Now we're gathering donations!

Do you have a Hodge Podge Lodge in your community?

~ Chy

2 comments:

obscure said...

We have one too - and during the pandemic they made it virtual, so that you could do direct contactless pickup - and now we have both! It's such a great idea and so helpful!

Chy said...

I love this idea. Now I'm always looking for things in the house I can take over so we don't have to hang on them when they can still be used but we're not needing them!

X Chy