About Me

November 16, 2018

Posh Event.

One of my contracts is working for
our local community based hospice.


Because we are community based, we
are not funded by our health care system.


So we have to find the funds each year
to keep our doors open for our families.


Each Fall, we host a luncheon that is
not just a fund raiser but a friend raiser.


A way to introduce new individuals to
the concept of palliative hospice care.


The posh hotel we have this event at each
year makes the most amazing meals.


Mine is often specialized because of my
vast food allergies. But oh so good!


Flowers from the silent auction. And below,
the violinist and pianist who serenaded us.


My lunch included ginger butternut squash soup, smoked chicken with a white alfredo sauce, beets, carrots and broccolini. I ate every last bit and every time I see the pictures above, I get super hungry! I must stop looking!! For our dessert, everyone else received Black Forest Cake but I'm allergic to cherries, so my dessert was a raspberry sorbet with lemon and lime. Heaven, pure Heaven to me! I love that each year, I have to submit to the chef a list of my allergies and every year he creates this amazing feast for me. And often, every one at my table will be often jealous that I get such am amazing dish. Theirs always looks good but I often notice that some don't finish the entire meal. I savor mine and cherish the thought that someone would take such time and care to ensure I have a meal that won't cause an Anaphylatic Reaction. I always ask to thank the chef personally and he always is so pleased that I love his food! A posh event that is so elegant, so well attended, so fiscally worth the work for us and for me, so delicious!

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

It all looks so delicious!

Chy said...

It was soooo good Granny!! Worth getting nicely dressed up for!! X Chy