About Me

June 9, 2013

Back Yard Garden.

It's raining outside, so I can't be in 
my garden for now but thought I'd
share some pictures I took on
the last sunny day. Enjoy!

Chives starting to bloom. 


Cherry Blossom & Ivy. 


Our Hens & Chicks are tiny
but mighty!


Plants all lined up in their pots
or waiting to be planted.


Our first Bleeding Heart ~ I've 
wanted one for years & finally
found this one at, would you 
believe, Home Depot!


Phlox, Sage Meadow & 
another one we've always
hoped to have: Hosta.
  

Love this little planter, bought
at the thrift shop for .25 cents ~ it
was a half price sale that day!
Our grandson thinks it looks like his
dog, Bo, who is a Boston.
We agree!


Clay pot flowers!


Our youngest dd made this
pot when she was 4. 


Another thrift shop find. 
This one was not on sale,
but at .50 cents, I was
happy to pay it. 


All our pots are from the thrift store
or were gifts to us. Love this
basket for Easter that
we re~purposed now that
our children don't hunt for 
eggs anymore.


Vintage basket someone gave
me holds these beautiful colors. 


This planter was my mil's & we
were gifted it from my fil
after she died. She loved to
garden & often helped us in our
yard when the kids were small. 


Baskets, clay pots & color!


My favorite little basket
with pretty pink flowers. 


Found these last year at the end
of the season when the greenhouse
had their big sale. I paid $1
for both. Even the lady at the till
thought they were marked wrong 
but the owner said it was the right
price so I grabbed them. The tag on
the bottom said $28.99 each. 
Best deal ever!


Our strawberry pot, with little
berries starting to form. Can't
wait to try them soon!


Our raspberry patch, under the
bay window. This gets very
but has the best berries. We
have a plan to keep them a
bit more contained this year. 
Yummy!


That's a snippet of our little 
back yard garden so far. 
We still have to plant some
Wildflower seeds, make two 
raised beds to fill with 
herbs & veggies, & create an 
edged border around the 
beds out of old bricks. 
Summer projects that we'll 
slowly work on as we can. 

Enjoy your garden today!

No comments: