About Me

October 7, 2020

Blogtober: Day 7.

How cute is this cheese from the U.K.? I'm so tempted to go back to the store and buy some for Halloween Night. We have no idea if we'll get a crowd of kids at our door. But if we do, I'll make us a nice platter of goodies to munch while we hand out candy. Our plan right now is to bag up the candy we've bought into little individual bags, let them sit in the bowl for 2 weeks and then they're ready to be handed out. We typically only get a small group ~ mainly our neighbors kids. I'm going to send a note to everyone in our subdivision to let them know we will be handing out candy if kids want to come down our little lane. I'm sure, like every year since we've lived here, we'll have some great leftovers! We'll see what happens. Going to be an interesting night.

I slept all night! This is a win for me, as sleep has been an issue for months. I'm sure it's because after 4 years of ineffective boards, last night, we voted in our new board of directors, all community members except for 2 preschool parents. They are engaged, we are full (10 members instead of 4 to 6), they love Zoom so no one should miss meetings this year due to weather or lack of childcare, they are excited and oh, did I mention, they're enthused!! I don't suspect this will be a year of missed meetings and crabby attendees. It's literally, if I can use the word here, HELL for me. No support. No clarity. No direction. No cohesiveness. For the 1st time in 4 years, I'm so excited and am sure I'll now look forward to board meetings, instead of dreading them all! So relieved!

Wishing you a beautiful Fall day!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Jamie Knight said...

I'm shopping for our groceries tonight - going to look to see if our store carries this cheese. Fun for Halloween dinner.

Thanks for posting for Blogtober.

Jamie

Chy said...

I hope you found this brand of cheese Jamie! It would be fun for Halloween dinner for sure.

X Chy