About Me

October 6, 2020

Blogtober: Day 6


It's a gloomy day here at the cottage. It did rain through the night and it's been spitting off and on all morning. The air is cool, the wind is blowing the leaves off the trees and I'm working from my warm couch today, with a wheat bag to keep me cozy. My task list is huge. I cannot ever seem to get ahead. My work load is growing and I hope that a week off soon will help me get back on track. Never a good feeling to be so bogged down with tasks. It's definitely not leaving a lot of room for fun down time. If I'm working, I feel guilty that I'm not doing self care. If I do self care, I feel guilty that I'm not doing work. A vicious cycle at this time and one I am game to change. It will take some drastic figuring for sure.

Not a usual thing to have a lamp on during the day but the clouds are quite dark and low right now. It shows on my app that the sun should come out this afternoon. We'll see. The picture in the turret shows the line of yellow leaved trees outside through the lace curtains. With the fierce wind today, I'm not sure those trees will have many leaves left over by the end of the day! Dh has texted me to ask if I'd like him to bring home Edo for dinner. Of course I had to say yes! Who can resist a dinner cooked by someone else? 

My afternoon is full of paperwork, planning, counselling and caring. Then I pick up little guy, home for a bit of kid play and then another round of counselling before dinner. After that, it's time for my board meeting tonight. I'm hoping it goes well and everyone is able to attend. Looking forward to this year's board journey. A great group has emerged with lots of energy and I hope, new ideas! Time for a change.

This is my Blogtober post for Day 6. I hope you have an amazing day and if it's gloomy and cold where you live, make a pot of tea (as I will be), cozy up with your wheat bag (as I am) and dream about a sunnier day (it will happen)!

~ Chy

4 comments:

Justice said...

I love that you're doing Blogtober. Used to be my favorite one each year!

Justice

Vicki from Texas said...

What a fun idea! I love reading your blog each day but this has made it even more interesting. I may have to join in. I wonder if there is one for November.

Chy said...

Thanks Justice. I love challenges - someday, I may even create one of my own!

X Chy

Chy said...

I'm not sure if there is one for November. I'll have to look and see if I can find one. Thanks for visiting Vicki!

X Chy