About Me

October 8, 2020

Blogtober: Day 8.


Fall decorating is well underway in our cottage. I started with the mantel, did a bit around the family room, dining room and front sitting room. Kitchen is next and then I'll do more outside. It's looking lovely and cozy so far. Once Thanksgiving is over this weekend, we'll start to add in our Halloween decorations to the mix. Then it will be time for Christmas decor! This time of year I want it to slow down and let us cherish every moment but it always seems to go so fast. Today is overcast and rainy again, so I'm snuggled on the couch, finishing up my work for the day and looking at the Victoria magazine sitting on the bench, just waiting for me to grab it and start reading. Dinner then I'll check in with our class tonight. I've sent one staff member off for a short holiday this week, a volunteer unwell and my two students are not able to help out tonight. I'll help my other team member out to ensure this class is able to continue. 

Work tomorrow, then we'll start to get ready for Thanksgiving. It will be quiet this year. Covid has changed so many things but the limits on visiting family is the hardest for all of us. But we'll make the best of it and enjoy our time together and Skype our other kids in for dinner. Looking forward to an amazing meal and lots of laughter. 

Wishing you a warm and cozy evening!

~ Chy

6 comments:

Debi said...

Your decorations look lovely. I love decorating this time of the year. I agree that not being able to be with family and friends is the hardest part of this whole COVID thing. I hope you get to enjoy your magazine.

Jamie Knight said...

Where did you get that fireplace?? Amazing!

Jamie

Vicki from Texas said...

I agree with Jamie. That is an amazing fireplace!

Vicki

Chy said...

Thanks Debi. We have fun decorating each season. I wish though we could have family and friends over to enjoy. For now, my blogging buddies can take in the pictures. P.S. My magazine was, as always a great read, giving me new ideas and dreams!

X Chy

Chy said...

Thanks for your question Jamie. We bought if from Home Depot when we were building. We have another one that is a different style and love them both.

X Chy

Chy said...

We love both fireplaces Vicki! Hoping we can find them again down the road if we ever build again .... pretty content here for now and have no plans to move .... but if we ever did, I'd want the same fireplaces!

X Chy