About Me

October 4, 2020

Blogtober 2020: Day 1, 2, 3 & 4.


I started blogging in 2011 by reading a number of blogs that followed "challenges" either weekly or monthly. I was fascinated to see how other writers would respond. In time, I then decided to jump into the world of reading, sharing and challenging! Recently, I noticed there haven't been as many. My personal thought is so many bloggers have moved over to Instagram. I post there as well but love a longer read and so here I stay. Right now, I follow Debi's post each Sunday called "Right Here. Right Now" on her blog Barefoot Mom. I love reading her answers and then do the post on my blog as well. And today, I've decided to follow Lucy's lead over at Attic 24. Blogtober used to be popular but it hasn't been around for  a bit. So Lucy has revived it on her own and I'm going to follow along. However, I am starting late so I'll term my first 3 blog posts for October as "Blogtober ~ Day 1, 2 and 3" and today, I'll write the entry for Day 4. Wait! That would be this post! Okay, so here it goes. This post is now officially "Blogtober ~ Day 4." I've talked about today already in terms of the weather, so in this post, I'll share our weekend thus far. Hope you'll share yours too!

The weekend around here always starts as soon as we're done our work on Friday. And then, if the weather is nice, we shut everything off and relax on the deck. Or the veranda. Depends on the time of day and where the sun is. If the weather is not cooperating, we might cozy up on the couch and watch a show. Or retreat to the kitchen and make a warm dinner. Friday nights are usually pretty chill. Saturday is always full of work. I taught my class in the morning for grieving families, on Zoom. And then counselling for the remainder of my work time. While I did this, dh worked outside in preparation for the dirt that we ordered to be delivered. Once I was done and the dirt had arrived, our neighbor came over with his tractor to help move the dirt from the pile to the spots we're trying to fill in to level the ground. Once this is done, we'll have a good sized ice rink for the Winter. I also worked in the garden, we played with our neighbors son, we moved items that needed storing, we did the recycling and then when his wife and younger kids came over, we all had a cold drink on the deck while the kids played. Watched the sun start to go down, expressed our gratitude for the work done and said our goodbyes. A quick shower and then we had dinner, watched a movie and headed to bed. A busy day and it didn't take long for our house to slumber down. Today, we woke up to rain, so we headed in to town, after our work outs and showers, to get some fresh groceries. Once home, everything was put away, then we took advantage of a break in the rain to set up our Halloween inflatables, just to ensure they would all inflate well as they are brand new. It was great to see how well they will look on the 31st, and then we deflated them for now. Back inside to warm up and settle down for the afternoon with a bit of time for conversing, writing, planning and watching Netflix. Ended with "Call the Midwife" and we'll soon head to bed. This was "Blogtober ~ Day 4."

How was your weekend?
Exciting or full of tasks?

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

Thank you for the shout out! I always enjoy reading your blog and I'm looking forward to reading all of your Blogtober posts. You had a really busy weekend. Ours was kind of quiet for a change.

Chy said...

I always love to promote your blog! I'm glad you're enjoying my posts and hope you love the Blogtober ones!

X Chy