About Me

October 9, 2020

Blogtober: Day 9.


Ah, Friday! Although I work on most Saturdays, Friday is still always the "end" of the week for all of us. On the Saturdays that I do work, dh and kids clean the house and do any chores on our task list, and then have time for fun. And then I come home and we have a lovely movie night or hang out with neighbors on the deck. This was always our routine before Covid. It's a bit different now that on Saturdays, I still have classes in the morning and counselling in the afternoon but there is no leaving home. It still works. Stuff gets done. I finish my hours for the week. Families are cared for and then the weekend truly begins! I get my Mondays off, which works out well for myself and my family. 


One of the things I love about Fall is the need to finish any tasks around the house and get ready before the snow arrives. We gather, we tidy, we purge, we fill up the pantry, the linen closet and clean out the garage so the cars can be inside when it's freezing out. The best part for me though is the idea of creating a Hygge centred home, filled with warmth and color. A place that is welcoming and cozy. A place we hate having to leave when we go in to town. A place we can't wait to come home too. Hygge has been popular for the last few years but truthfully in this house, in this cottage, we have been practicing it for decades, from the time we bought our first tiny home. It had beige colored walls and floors, so we added in natural tones of sage greens, blues, whites and some pinks. Lots of pillows and throws, long before they became the trend. Wood furniture and antiques filled our space. Framed prints, art and photos told our story, experiences and our hopes. We still live this way but now our way has a name. I'm glad the World has embraced that home is no longer just a place to eat and sleep but a place to live and dream. To grow and laugh. To fight and cry. And gain comfort from our surroundings and each other. The cozy blanket that I finally unwrapped the other night encompasses of all this and more. I saved for this soft accent to our front sitting room. It was $60 initially, went on sale, plus I had a gift card and points, so at the end of the day, I paid just $12 for it. I love great deals but even if I hadn't had a gift card, points and it wasn't on sale, I'm pretty sure it would be sitting just right where it is today. I know you can't see in the picture the softness and the texture so you'll just have to imagine it. For the moment, this is my new favorite blanket for the cottage.

Wishing you a beautiful Friday!

~ Chy

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

It's a real blessing to have a home with beauty and warmth! I have always lived this way too 🥰

Vicki from Texas said...

Beautiful color!

Vicki

Chy said...

Elizabeth, I think it makes a huge difference on how we live and view our homes when they are filled with light and warmth. I cherish your thoughts and thank you for visiting and commenting!

X Chy

Chy said...

Isn't it the best color Vicki?! I admired it often at the store and then decided to buy it. So glad, as it turns out, it was the last one in Canada! Now I really cherish it!!

X Chy