About Me

July 22, 2013

Baby on the way!


Happy Monday. So excited to wake up this morning to the news that William & Kate are officially in labor in London ~ the royal baby is finally on the way! Today, I have summer daycamp with our grieving kids but will be carrying my cell phone close so I can watch the news during breaks, anxiously waiting for the happy announcement. The Brits & many of us around the world will be celebrating!

I've thought of Kate often this week, with the whole world watching her every move, waiting for any little sign that she was in labor. With our first baby born this month, 28 years ago, arriving fashionably late, 3 days after our due date, we couldn't do something as simple as go for a walk without 20 phone calls, asking if we had gone in to labor, had the baby & forgotten to phone! Can you imagine the whole world watching? So much pressure.

Hopefully by the end of the day, we'll have some wonderful news that their baby has arrived safe, sound & healthy. My prediction: girl weighing 8 lbs. I have a 50/50 chance of being right. Exciting!!

No comments: