About Me

October 19, 2016

No Vote Here.


I was raised in a home and within a community where politics are taken quite seriously. From an early age, I knew it was my right, my privilege and my obligation to vote. Over the years, with each election, I debate the pros and cons of the candidates and vote according to their platform and my own beliefs. Our system here in Canada is pretty straight forward and we are fortunate to not have a really long election process. We've always followed the American elections and I personally loved the Obamas in the White House. This new journey our neighbors in the south are on though has really got me concerned for all. Fearfully worried. 

It's quite a helpless feeling to watch something so confusing unfold and there is nothing we can do or say to make it work out nicely. And yet, we will all be so impacted by the decisions made on November 8th. I know that if I was having to cast a ballot, either candidate is not who I would want to vote for. One in particular is a huge worry. His comments and aggressive behavior are puzzling and it's not clear to me why anyone would consider him to become the leader of a prominent country. She has her own faults, as we all do, but I think at least her experience of being a former President's wife does give her some lead over someone who has not held office prior to this pivotal time in the political landscape. Neither is great, neither is perfect, neither is ideal, neither is completely worthy. And yet, they are the two choices. 

We will watch with great interest on the 8th and hope that the right decision will be made. Thinking of all those who have to make this difficult choice. 

Namaste.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Being in the states, I can tell you that this is probably the most polarizing election in a long time. And, to say that I am terrified of the outcome is putting it mildly. I completely agree with you on the choices we have for president and, truthfully, the thought of Trump having access to nuclear codes is horrifying. Here is another thing that I am worried about as well....If Clinton does win the election, I am very concerned there could potentially be rioting and chaos - Especially since last night during the debate when asked if he would accept the election outcome, he wouldn't commit. I am not sure the United States is going to be a very safe place to live after November 8th for any of us.

Chy said...

Hi Traycee. It's such a scary thought if he is elected. To make threats during the debates just shows how unstable he is. I wish there was a way to have a psychological assessment done to determine if his mind is healthy enough to even make the most basic of decisions. He made a comment on twitter the other day that was taken down 20 minutes later but by then had been tweeted like crazy ~ he stated that the biggest mistake the U.S. ever made was granting Canada our independence, and if he wins, he'll make us be part of the Americas again .... umm, we're part of the British Commonwealth. He just doesn't have his facts straight. I actually feel bad for him as every move he makes doesn't make him look any better. Fingers crossed on the 8th, voters will make think strongly and clearly on their ballot. Ugh.

Penny said...

Here in the UK there is a lot of interest in the American election, and we have watched some of the 'debates' on television. Donald Trump is at best is unconvincing and unstatesmanlike; he appears small minded, and unable to grasp the complexities of being the president. His attitude to women seems stuck in the 1700's. Would he have the personal self control to negotiate with foreign leaders, and others within the States? I understand that Hilary is unpopular, though to be honest I am not sure of the reasons for that. She at least seems highly intellegent, with lots of relevant political experience, and may blossom as a president. Our current prime minister, Theresa May, has emerged as a very strong, very straighforward, plain talking leader, after many years as Home Secretary. We will watch the results with great interest from the UK x

Chy said...

It's interesting and scary all at the same time Penny! Glad to know in the U.K., your PM has settled well into her position and blossomed! X

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I will vote any day for Trump over Hillary because I believe her to be very crooked which has plagued her whole political career. Also I would hate to see a rapist back in the oval office where he did and sexually harassed so many woman. I also could never support someone who believes you can legally kill, or a woman's right, to murder an unborn baby as late as full term. Now I know Trump as his issues, but I can hope for what he can do versus knowing what Hillary will do....

Chy said...

Thank you for your views Cathy. I can see how difficult this time is for the U.S. Neither is ideal and I wish there were more choices for voters. It must be so stressful for all involved. Soon, it will be done and it will unfold, hopefully, the way it needs to.