About Me

August 9, 2019

Five Things Friday.


1. It stormed last night. Huge cracks of thunder, intense lightening and tons of rain. I'm scared to look outside. Hope my pots are okay and not scattered across the deck. Scary, so scary! Today, our tree guy is coming to cut down a few of the larger trees that are getting to bowed for comfort. I'll be glad when that is done as it is a big worry when the wind picks up. Not a cheap venture today but one that needs to be done and trees we can't tackle ourselves due to the height. He actually has to climb them to start at the top as we can't just fell them due to the location of our house and because we don't want to take out the healthy trees that are in the way. Super nice guy who has done work at our other house and as much as I don't like to pay the fee, his fee is much more reasonable than what we've heard from other companies. And he chips all the trees down so we'll have some great mulch to spread around. Exciting!

2. Reno's at our Centre are almost done but oh the stress! Our contractor will never, ever be hired by us again. And won't be getting a positive review. I don't even know where to begin. One day, I'll share the tale. For today, I just shake my head and hope we can still make it look right. Ugh ....

3. Best dinner ever last night! I'll craft a post but my mouth is still watering this morning. High on the list now for comfort food and easy to make nights! Mmmm, so good ....

4. Busy weekend planned but it looks like this not so nice weather is going to continue. We may have to change some plans and as it's been a busy, crazy, stressful week, I'm okay with this. Maybe a weekend that is relaxed instead of work filled would be a good thing! I wouldn't complain ....

5. Dh and I, if the weather stays like this, might tackle a small shadow box dollhouse project this weekend, for fun! We have 2 to make and will show the progress on the blog as it happens. Excited to finally get these started. Fun!

How was your week for the 1st week of August?
Do you have "Five Friday Things" you can share?

~ Chy

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

A shadow box sounds like a fun and challenging project.

We don't get those extreme kind of storms here but I remember them from the prairies. Scary!

Chy said...

I'm hoping that was the last of them .... no rain but dark clouds and it was cool. Hoping for sun tomorrow!

X Chy