About Me

August 6, 2019

Before and After.

We came home the other day with bags of groceries
and discovered there was no room in the pantry!


These 4 pictures are the "before" shots of the space
we have for our food storage and our little microwave.


Slightly organized chaos. I have bins and strategic areas
but in the end, it's gotten messy and totally out of hand. 


After several hours of purging and re~arranging, I am
happy to reveal to you the "after" photos of our pantry.


Ta da! Much better. So much space. And now we can
see what is in need of re~stocking and what is filled.
Every other shopping trip, my dh was bringing home
a new bag of risotto. During the purge, we discovered
we had 8 small bags of risotto hidden away behind other
items. So now he keeps asking me if he should pick
up some more .... always the comedian, my guy! No,
we do NOT need any more supplies. All stocked up.

Do you have a pantry for food storage?
Is it nice and neat and organized? Or chaos?

~ Chy

12 comments:

Phoebes World said...

Great job!!..It looks so much better

I have a pantry...and I try to keep it organised but it needs to be bigger. We are building our food and water storage so hubby has suggested cleaning out a storage closet to start using for our preps. For now.. Im keeping the foods together and rotated by date. I would love some sort of spread sheet to keep track of our supplies... does anyone have one.

Phoebe x

Chy said...

Oooh, that would be amazing to have an ongoing spread sheet! Love your idea Phoebe!

X Chy

Anne in the kitchen said...

ice! I need to do the same with both the pantry and the freezer.

Chy said...

Thanks for visiting Anne! We did our fridge last week, the pantry this week, next week is the laundry room and the following week, the freezer. Our garage is last as we have a company coming in to texture the ceiling, tape, mud and paint. Our big job will be taking out all the items, loading them in to a storage unit that will be dropped off soon, then unloading and organizing once the crew is done painting. Can't wait. We'll be so ready for Fall!

X Chy

Dianna said...

Oh, the pantry! Mine is like yours—I tidy it up ever so often, but eventually it always goes back to chaos. I guess I'm lucky to have one though!

happyone said...

Yes, we have a wonderful pantry here at the new house.
Mine is neat and tidy. The door to it has glass in it so it has to stay neat and tidy. :)

Debi said...

My kitchen pantry is small and gets like that every so often too. I'm always amazed at the hidden things I find when I clean it out and rearrange things! I have a larger pantry in the basement, but for some reason that one stays pretty neat and orderly. I suspect because I'm the only one who restocks it and gets things out of it!!

Granny Marigold said...

I love organizing and arranging things so my pantry is quite neat. Of course I don't have to stock up now like when I had 7 or 8 people to feed.

Chy said...

Dianna, it's a big job to keep it well stocked and organized for sure. I'm hoping my new system will help keep it more at bay.

X Chy

Chy said...

I bet having a glass door makes it more of a reality to keep it tidy, Happyone!

X Chy

Chy said...

Debi, I sometimes wish our pantry was a bit bigger but the size it is, now that's its back to being tidy and organized is really the right size for the 2 of us. I used to have one in our basement in another house years ago but we only had a small bungalow and I had a nice pantry in the kitchen too then, with many littles and a basic income. Food storage and buying in bulk was key back then!

X Chy

Chy said...

It is easier with just us now, Granny. When all the kids were home, it was harder to keep cupboards and our pantry tidy. So much food then!!

X Chy