About Me

August 11, 2019

Cloudy Sunday.


In between all the rain, I managed to capture a sweet moment from our veggie patch yesterday ~ a short burst of sunlight over the potting shed. Our Summer has been rainy, thundery and cloudy, so the few sun~filled breaks we've received are so welcome and worthy of a photo to share. Today? It's super cloudy (dark) with a 40% chance of rain. 

Sigh ....

I'm off to meet with my crew at our Centre this morning to try and finish up the painting on our reno project. I'm hoping a 2 hour window will be enough. Sundays are meant to be our quiet, stay home day, as I've written about. BUT we do need to get this done and I've made peace with not having to be on site all day, just enough time to do a second coat on the walls around our new cabinets, help dh hang the chalkboard back up and secure our freestanding PAX units. The rest of the crew will also be painting, as well as sorting, filling and organizing cupboards. I can do a bit more mid week when I'm off but for now, it's good to do my bit and then step back and let others take the tasks on. I need to work on an event we have in September (6 weeks from today) and also have time to just chill today. Monday is usually my day off ~ a day I cherish as everyone else is back at work or school and I have the whole house to myself. Peaceful and quiet and a day just for me! I always look forward to Sundays with my family and Mondays for myself. A good balance. But tomorrow will be a work day and I'll take a different day off or bank a day for later. Our hospice is having a short but heartfelt ceremony in the morning for our groundbreaking ~ the old hospice came down and the new hospice is set to start with a year long build. Looking forward to this long awaited moment when shovels go in to the ground. Finally, we're building!

I'm off to shower and get ready to go in to town. Then back home to relax and enjoy being home for the rest of the day. Back to our regular Sunday at home next week. Hope your Sunday is full of family love and time to chill. And sun!

~ Chy

No comments: