About Me

February 21, 2021

Right Here. Right Now.

What I'm wearing .... my light grey snowflake leggings, matching socks and my purple Disney long henley, with two long braids in my hair. Cozy and warm while we wait for the sun to come out and the air to warm up so we can go skating all afternoon. Supposed to be super warm.

What I'm reading .... "Allegedly" by Tiffany Jackson. I'm on the last chapter. Great read! Back to the library tomorrow.

What's happening in my kitchen .... nothing yet as we do Intermittent Fasting and don't eat until noon. Dh is heading out to the freezer to see what he can create for Sunday dinner. I'm planning on having roasted chicken mixed in to a lovely bowl of cole slaw for my lunch. A favorite!

What's outside my window .... cloudy skies and cool air.

What I'm thankful for .... everything. Blissfully content.

What I'm smelling .... my lavender cedar candle. Mmmm!

What I'm hearing .... "Coronation Street" is on the tv. We watch it through the week as it's on each night but sometimes I like to rewatch on the weekend when it replays on Sunday mornings. We are a noisy house and it's easy to miss a line or two, or a whole scene. Love that CBC replays so if we do miss, we can catch up easily. It's a show you don't want to miss anything for sure. We also just finished listened to our grandson's radio show that debuted this morning called "Breakfast with Beckett." We have done some research and believe he is the youngest radio host in Canada. At 10 years old, this is quite the achievement. His first show went well and he a lot of listeners. Looking forward to seeing where this takes him. The kid has got guts.

What I'm crafting .... more work on the mini bakery this week. I did receive some packages in the mail with little items for this project but also for the dollhouse I'm still working on. I had a very frustrating interaction with a supplier this week but I've not used before and won't be in the future. Customer service is definitely not their strength. I wanted to order 20 windows. Not a cheap order. I was informed that the windows were out of stock. No worries. I asked if they could let me know when they would get more. They said they could order them for me BUT the price would increase from $8.98 per window to $15.98 each. Um, excuse me? So I said I would be happy to wait rather than do a special order at the increased price. To which the reply was "that is the regular price" and then I said "but your website says" and she then replied "that's the old price .... I don't know how to update the website." She sent me a note so nice email about being too picky and having a low budget and I haven't written back. And likely won't. I don't need to argue with anyone. Just going by the facts. So I'm on the hunt for windows from other suppliers. Too bad as this was a good sized order (I had other items marked as well) and it was Canadian, meaning I wouldn't have to worry about having to potentially pay important fees from other countries. Lots of companies out there so I'll continue my search. 

What's on my mind .... work for this week. We have new residents at our hospice and as exciting as this is for all of us, it's also heartbreaking. I'm doing lots of good self care today, including skating, writing and working on my mini. I'll be ready for work tomorrow and ready to go. 

Words to live by .... 


Have a great week!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Love that meme. Even in the heartache and sadness, with perspective, this is true.

Have a great week.

Debi said...

So sorry you had a disappointment with your dollhouse windows. There was no need for that lady to be so rude. And, honestly, if you don't know how to update your website and don't bother to find out how to do it, you probably shouldn't have one. I hope you can find what you need at a reasonable price. Have a good week!