About Me

February 26, 2021

Distanced Friends.


I really miss being able to see all my favorite people in person. My family is lovely and we are fortunate to have great neighbors down the lane whom we can visit with when we skate or are out for a walk. I can see a few of my colleagues when I go in to the hospice one day a week. But seeing friends is out for now. And I so miss having long chats in person. Zoom and phone calls and FB are all helping. There is, however, nothing better than a friend hug and those are far and few between now. Vaccines are on the way, our numbers are way down and I know there will be an end to the Pandemic one day. Being patient gets harder all the time but we also won't ever risk anyone's health for a visit or a hug. Soon we hope we'll all be together again.

Today is a light day. It's technically my day off but as always, something has popped up so I will be working later today. For now, I'm cuddled in a warm bed while fresh snow has fallen outside. I'm getting up in a few minutes to shower, make the bed, tidy my office space and then have some warm tea. We tape a segment for our radio show this morning as the guest is overseas, then lunch, broadcast live for an hour and then a nice break until I start my work day later. If it warms out, I'll head outside for a bit. Tomorrow, I have my kids grief class in the morning, then some lunch and off to town with dh and dyd to buy our RRSP's. Cut it a bit close this year as the deadline in March 1st!. Then we can gather our paperwork and drop off at our accountants for our taxes, which the deadline to file in Canada is April 30th. We are expecting refunds as we've become donors to our hospice and to our own Centre and we buy RRSP's each year. Dh also gets to write off his car payments (100%) and his gas and repairs (a percentage). This year, we'll both be able to claim the "Covid Work at Home" deductions as well. We have to decide if we will do the long version or just take the short version amount. Likely will let our accountant figure that out. After our appointment, we'll get a few fresh groceries and head home. Not sure if it's movie night or hockey night. Either way, I'll likely be tired by then and will probably fall asleep! Not an exciting night but restful.

Wishing you a beautiful Friday!
Hug someone you love today ....

~ Chy

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Sounds like you had a very busy day, enjoy your weekend and stay safe.