About Me

March 8, 2020

Women's Day.


On International Women's Day, I extend a heartfelt thank you to all the brave women who have stood up, spoken out, marched on and fought for all the rights of my sisters. We have come so far, and I know that there is much more to still do but I'm proud to be a strong woman in my family, in my home, in my work and in my community. I first became aware of this unique day when I was a teen on a school trip in the U.S.S.R. and it happened to be Women's Day on the day we arrived. But what took me back was the lack of women and girls present visibly out in the street. There were a few signs up but no marching, or protesting, or speaking up, or celebrating. At that time, it was still a communist country and it was very clear that day that despite the work that had been done already at that point, women were very afraid to participate. It ended up being an amazing school lesson while we were there and one that many of my fellow female students, even at such a young age, became aware of and we engaged in many incredible conversations during our time together. I know it has changed there and I'd love to go back to see the difference. But for now, I'm celebrating this day as one of progress and joy but one that still needs more work and intentional energy. 

I wish each of you, my dear blogging buddies,
a beautiful 2020 International Women's Day.
I hope you have found your voice and your
unique place in this vast and amazing World.

~ Chy

No comments: