About Me

March 4, 2020

From Where I Sit.


Our days are busy but we try to keep our nights quieter. Doesn't always work but we try. Tonight, dh has been working on podcast stuff, dd#2 went to bed early, dgs watched a show and talked to his dad, and dd#1went to work at 6 (nursing shift until tomorrow morning). Now everyone has headed to bed and I'm finishing a show, catching up on emails and finishing up notes for the week. 

As I sit for a moment, my eyes drift over to the softly lit sofa table, under the big window in our family room. A bowl full of wool, a wooden heart, sweet smelling candles, a fairy garden terrarium and Henry the plant grace this space. The old banker's lamp lights it in the evening but during the day, the sun streams in, providing Henry with just what he needs to grow and thrive. Not much else can fit here. I may add a little stack of books in time. But from where I sit, on a cool March night, the view is calm, grounding and serene. Perfect!

~ Chy

2 comments:

galant said...

What a lovely post, Chy! And what a lovely place to sit at the end of the day.
Margaret P

Chy said...

Thank you Margaret. It is a favorite spot for sure!

X Chy