About Me

March 30, 2020

Day 18 ....


Today is our 18th day at home. Other than a trip to the grocery store to replenish our food, we have been home the entire time. I'm happy and content to be here. I get to chat with my workmates 2 to 3 times a week on Zoom and my clients daily. It's cozy and warm, and no stress about deadlines or timelines. My dh is having a harder time ~ he wants to be out and about. I told him he should get up and do his morning routine, get in the car and go for a drive down the highway and then turn around and come home. He laughed. But I can see him doing that if this keeps up!

How are you doing during this isolation experience? We're busy and well so far, though I had a huge scare yesterday. Both dh and I are considered super high risk because of our asthma and our bouts of bronchitis/pneumonia each Winter. So far, no wheezing, no coughing, symptom free. However, I did notice some wheezes in my chest on Saturday, here and there and a cough every once in a while. I took a few puffs and it went away but later that night, I did have to take some puffs again. Not bad, disappeared, went to bed. Woke up gasping for air on Sunday. Total terror! Puffs didn't do much, so I went downstairs and dug out the steroids. Within about 20 minutes, symptom free. I chose not to do a workout yesterday as I didn't want to aggravate anything. Later in the afternoon, I started wheezing and coughing again, did the same treatment and was good until bedtime. Felt a bit wheezy, so did one more treatment. Was worried what I'd wake up to today but so far, all is well and no treatment so far. I'm going to tread and then weight lift but on a lighter scale. I don't want to get off my schedule too much but will take it easy so I'm not creating an issue. No fever, no other symptoms. I am tired but not exhausted and out of breath. I know I'm not sleeping well and had a little nap yesterday and that helped. Might do that again today. Thankful for the meds we have on hand and our supplements as well. And hope that was a one off yesterday.

Pictures, many of them, showing how we're coping ....


Our stash of tp. Truthfully, this was already in place
and we didn't have to go buy more. When you live in
the woods, you tend to stockpile when a sale is on. I
am thankful for this, and our little medicine cabinet.


Puzzle making has become a loved activity by all
in our little cottage. Kid sized and adult sized too.


The kid doing his schoolwork and the papa doing his
daily work on my kitchen island. Busy guys, these 2.


Food is plentiful and we are well stocked. Homemade
pizzas for lunch. And in house massages for weary feet.


We're all helping with homeschooling now that the litte
guys school is closed. Fun science experiments to try.


Using up my tulips to see what will happen if they are left
in food coloring and water overnight. The results are below.


Re~colored tulips and cozy slipped sloth feet. We find 
things to do to keep busy but we're also taking time to be.


Walks down the lane to visit the horses with treats.
They get so excited to see us coming up the hill to them.


They do try and steal hats and mitts though. A wee bit
mischievous they both are. We have fun on our walks.


Tv is a big distraction. "Coronation Street" at night, movies
during the day. "Call the Midwife" had a new episode last
night. Such a good show and I truly look forward to it each
week. We watched "Sister Wives" too but its too stressful!


Live concerts to look forward too as well. "Shred Kelly"
 and baby Murphy on mom's back and a local artist had
shows on Saturday night. Our artists nationally and here
in town struggle. We are doing our best to support them.


Finally, lots of outdoor play. We have to have "recess" each
day according to our little guy. But it's a good distraction.

How are you coping at home? Are you doing ok?
What kinds of activities are keeping you busy?

~ Chy

4 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Happy to read all is well in your household, and to those of us who are comfortable being home-bodies life has not changed that much :)
The milder Spring temperatures at least have given an opportunity to spread our wings outside, flowers are returning, and our two kitties are excited to climb and roll in the new sweet grass.
You have a great plan going there, keep up the great work !
Hugs,
~Jo

Chy said...

Thanks for visiting Jo! I was so hopeful for Spring the other day but it's snowing AGAIN today and is supposed to continue off and on for the next 3 days.... I give up! At least our little cottage is warm and cozy and full of life!

Hope you are well and keeping busy.

Big hugs,
Chy

Granny Marigold said...

What a relief to know you don't have the virus. I can only imagine how afraid you were.

I'm so glad Call the Midwife is starting a new season. We never miss an episode.

Stay well,

Chy said...

It was super scary Granny but glad it was minor and every moment since then I've cherished! Hope you are well too!

X Chy