About Me

April 30, 2016

I Don't Get ....

.. how in a house where we all live
together, something as simple as 
doing laundry can have so many 
variations due to personal choice.


With so many kids in the house, laundry
was a big chore when they were small. 
As they grew, I'd have them help out in 
age appropriate ways. Sorting clothes was 
one of the many steps in washing clothes 
that I taught them. Or so I thought! 


The first picture is how my daughter washes
her clothes each week. Yup, that's right. NOT
sorted! Then I find out that all my kids do
their respective laundry chores this way. So
my lessons when they were young were a bit
of a waste of time. The second picture is how
I sort the clothes. Three baskets that
equals 6 loads of laundry for the week.

Oh well. At least they wash their own clothes 
and all have been since their early teens.

Do you sort your laundry before washing?
Or just put it all in together in one load?

6 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I sort by laundry color and type, but none of my sons sort anything. Oh well, it's not like they don't know how to do laundry. They simply choose an alternate method. (The wrong method according to me, but according to them mine is wrong)

Chy said...

I thought I taught them this very important life lesson but alas, they all throw their clothes in without sorting. Maybe it's a rebellion of some sort!!

Practical Parsimony` said...

Mine sort like I taught them.

Chy said...

I can only hope that at some point, they'll remember what they were taught and get back to the good old ways of doing laundry! Or at least teach their kids in time.

Penny said...

Laundry! My most disliked chore! I am, however, meticulous about sorting through the washing; whites, delicates, colours, darks, towels, all are sorted seperately and washed accordingly. X

Chy said...

I love doing laundry and sorting is my favorite part. Very strange, I know!! X