About Me

February 29, 2016

Two Months of Mail!


This is what two months of mail looks like! Our centre suddenly wasn't getting our mail. We don't get a ton but we were getting NONE. So off to the post office I went, four different times. There excuse was that we didn't "exist" and therefore they had no where to deliver our mail. We weren't in the system and we had no mail box. Um, we've been in place for 20 years this year! And we've been collecting mail from the community mail box since the summer. Prior to that, the very kind mail lady would knock on our door and put it in our hands. But now we don't exist?? The final trip I got serious and said I was going to call the media if I didn't have our mail in my sweet little hand by 4:00 p.m. that day. 

Guess what showed up on our doorstep at 2:25 that afternoon?! And to date, we've had no issues since then. Ironically, I did call the media that morning and they were so eager to do a story. But in the end, we got our mail and an apology. It's still a mystery what happened. Someone was clearly hoarding our mail. But why is my question? Hope this never happens again!! What a mess it created. Thankful we have great records and could keep up with paying our bills and the government for payroll and taxes. Frustrated is definitely an understatement!

No comments: