About Me

November 1, 2014

Frugal Friday.

Hi everyone!

It's been a busy time the last few weeks but I did manage to get a short thrift store trip on Friday. I had a series of meetings and deadlines but at one point in the day, there was about an hour that I had free. I decided to head over to our local charity shop to see if I could find a small Christmas platter for the upcoming holiday season. We've packed all our festive items and as we may not move until just before Christmas or just after, I don't want to unpack our things. Decided instead to buy a few key things, if we can find them and then donate them back after the holidays. Unless of course, we really like them! The hunt is always fun so I had no issue taking time out on Friday to search.


The haul!


Small set of mixing bowls, in our colors.


Green bowl for $2.50.


Smaller pink bowl for $1.


A true Depression glass dish.


In perfect condition for just $1.


Purple square plate for .50 cents.


Angel picture for .25 cents.


New Christmas box for $1.


This lovely Victorian scene was just $12.


Large, heavy and brand new, still in the box!!


My favorite wish during the holidays for .50 cents.


A sparkly sled for the dollhouse. Price? .25 cents!


And the item I was searching for, just $1.

If you were following along with your calculator, that was an even $20 for all these great items! More than I was looking for but all items we'll use well. That's all for Frugal Friday. 

How was your frugal week?

6 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Good finds, useful too. Looking forward to visiting again. Following. Thanks for visiting today.
Joy

Chy said...

Hi Joy. Thank you for your sweet comments. I'm honoring you've joined in as a reader. Looking forward to reading more of your blog as well. Chy

Cheapchick said...

Great finds - I was just in the thrift yesterday and they have started to put out the Christmas stuff. I collect vintage glass ornaments and haven't found any yet but you are right, the hunt is the best part!

Chy said...

Our thrift store had both Christmas and Halloween decorations out at the same time. Yesterday, they had an anniversary celebration and the Christmas stuff was all 50% off. We didn't go as I knew it would be super crowded and I wasn't really in to lots of people right now. The prices are so low I wasn't worried about missing a good deal!

~Carla~ said...

Oh such great finds! I love that little Victorian decoration!! :)

Chy said...

Isn't it sweet Carla? Love hunting for treasures. Never know what we'll find!!