- cleaned the house from top to bottom in anticipation of guests all weekend
- trip to Costco for new garden plants and food for both home and for our company
- shot a commercial with our crew on Saturday morning outside
- reorganized the kitchen and moved the island to the side of the nook, opening up quite a bit of space
- cleaned the deck, hung the gazebo curtains and put out the cushions for the furniture
- gathered my planting pots and lined them up for filling with fresh dirt
- reorganized the garage so we can park, renovate, build and garden without tripping over items
- recycled, purged, donated, gathered the garbage and made many, many trips to our dumpster
- dug out the gardens and added new dirt in anticipation of planting the new perennials
- rewrote my service plan for our centre and looked over our documents for our meeting tomorrow
- had an impromptu dinner with our family, including my mom and her beau, who we ran in to while we were out and about today
- helped our son move his house contents to storage in anticipation of their big move
- wrote, checked and responded to emails and made notes for next week
- washed, folded and put away 6 loads of laundry and reorganized by clothes closet and drawers
May 20, 2013
Long Weekend List.
Here in Canada, we enjoyed a long, warm, sunny weekend called "Victoria Day Long Weekend."
The original intent was to celebrate Queen Victoria, hence the term "Victoria Day Long Weekend." For most Canadians, it's a weekend to garden, visit with family and friends, travel and relax, after a long winter.
Our little family was very busy all weekend. We created a spreadsheet we would stay on track and that worked very well. Here's our list that we managed to accomplish from Friday night up to Monday night:
Looking forward to closing my eyes and having a great sleep, after a great weekend and great work!
How was your long weekend? If you didn't have a long weekend, what did you do and what would have you done if you would have had a long weekend?