About Me

June 28, 2020

Sunday Task.


Our living room is small and cozy but still needs
some work. I have been sewing curtains to go with
the lace and am almost done. I had to buy new rods
as a double was required. You know what this means!


The view from the front door. At the moment though,
this room and our dining room are turned upside down.


Yup, it's time to paint again! Taking down
the single curtain rods to put up the doubles
meant I had to fill the holes, so then that
transpired in to painting the rooms again.


Yesterday was prep day and today, because it's
raining again all day today is painting day. Until
our Board Meeting later today. Which means I'll
shower before that, have the meeting, drive in to
town quick for a pick up and then back to put
everything back in it's place if all goes well this
morning. I love freshly painted walls and though
we've lived here 5 years, this is the 2nd time I've
painted the house. Same color, just a refresh! I
did the art studio last week and this week is the
two rooms in the front, then the family room,
kitchen and laundry room, the back mudroom, 
down the hall then upstairs to tackle the upper
hall, our bedroom and our bathroom. Then we
should be good for another couple of years. All
this because I needed to switch out the single
curtain rods for doubles! I love painting so this
is a good thing. It's my "therapy" and cheaper!!

~ Chy

4 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Wow! You certainly have a lot more energy than I do. I would have just hidden the holes behind the new curtains. (I am lazy that way!) But yours will look so nice when all complete. Well done!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Wonderful way to add your double curtain rods after painting - the many rooms will be painted over the next while, everything will be fresh, the sunshine will enjoy sharing its lights too.
Hugs
Joy

Kathie said...

I am drooling over your living room!

Mereknits said...

We need to do the same thing but it us such a huge job I just keep putting it off. Good luck.