About Me

June 30, 2020

Gardening Goals.



Aside from my art as a stress reliever, I have discovered how much working in the garden has helped when life is tough. It's been especially great this year with Covid. We have had a ton of rain (again today!) and I'm starting to worry we'll have another water logged year like last year. Maybe it will change. For now, when it isn't raining, I dig my hands in the cool dirt, feeling connected to the Earth again. I weed. I move plants. I dream of what it will look like one day. I dream of an English garden/Cottage garden concept. Slowly I'm getting there. Slowly but surely, almost there!



Above on the left, raindrops on the Bleeding Heart bush.
Top right, the Hydrangea bush is coming along nicely,
Bottom left, the Hosta looked like it wasn't alive but
here it is! And bottom right, Munstead Lavender ....

This last week was a bit of a break from work for me and I had hoped to get more done than I actually did but the rain would NOT stop. I did learn that pulling weeds and planting and even moving plants in the wet weather is actually a bit easier. It's just very messy! But working in the dirt is so good for the soul and if I have to do it in the mud, than that will be the plan for the rest of the Summer. Whatever I have to do to reach my gardening goals and to keep my spirits alive and well during this crazy time, I will do it!

Do you have gardening goals?
How is your garden doing this year?

~ Chy

No comments: