About Me

September 12, 2020

Saturday Morning.


Writing from my cozy bed this morning. The train whistle is loud this morning but somehow comforting. Dh just finished his workout and is showering. Everyone else in the house is still sleeping. I'm taking it easy and not working out until after my Cat Scan on Tuesday. I did finish staining the deck yesterday in anticipation of putting together the greenhouse this weekend. Our plan in the moment, after I shower, is to head in to town and buy a can of paint for a project, head to Costco to pick up dh's prescription and look at new sunglasses for me (I drove over my other pair!), and then spend the day putting the structure together .... if it doesn't rain! It's predicted and it's cloudy but we'll see what happens. We may start piecing it together in the garage and then move it over. Tomorrow's weather sounds great, with sun, no clouds and warmth! I'm hoping to work on the dollhouse today as well. We may bbq tonight, put the fireplace on, pop some popcoarn and watch a movie or Netflix. Tune the World out day! It's been another tough week, so the weekend for us is a chance to recharge our energy.

Do you like my pic above? It's a wood block piece of art called "Carry on Down the Road." It's a personal favorite of mine from a company on our little island on the West Coast of Canada, Salt Spring Island. The company is called "Cedar Mountain Studios." Family run and we're so excited to see we can now buy blocks here in our own home town. I have my eye on this one for my birthday in the late Fall ....


This one is called "Wander" and just like the one above reminds me of the daily journey we are on. I love all their blocks but wall space is limited! These do stand up on their own as well. But I like them on the wall. We've begun to give them as gifts. And by chance, on our little island where these are made, we found these on our trip last October:


Aren't they sweet? I keep this on my desk, under my lamp, so I see them each day to remind myself of why I do the work I do. They are in memory of our sweet babies who died and a visual of what we have lost. They make me smile. And fill my heart with love. I'm not sure the family at Cedar Mountain ever thought that a grieving mom would become attached to these wood blocs for the reason we have but I'm so glad they created these. A reminder of who we are, how far we've come and why this work we do is so vital. 

All for now. Wishing  you and your family
a beautiful and restful weekend. Namaste.

~ Chy

No comments: